We recognise that this continues to be a difficult time for registrars who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. If you have not yet done so, we encourage you to access the additional wellbeing supports that are currently available:
- Health and wellbeing reimbursement GP Synergy is offering a reimbursement of up to $200 for any health and wellbeing program/s or any educational or training resource/s which will help at this time. This could cover educational resources including text books and educational courses, medical equipment such as dermatoscopes, video conferencing equipment, equipment to support hobbies such as exercise clothing, wearable fitness tracking devices and even weekend getaway accommodation.
- Simplified online claims process Registrar wellbeing claims can now be made through the claims module in GPRime. Simply log into GPRime and click on the ‘Claims’ tab on the left-hand menu and select ‘New Claim’. Wellbeing claims can be lodged from now until 31 July 2020.
- Confidential counselling sessions GP Synergy registrars can access two confidential counselling sessions through Relationships Australia. To access this service, call 1300 364 277 or visit the website for more information. When making bookings, please let them know you are a GP Synergy registrar. This in addition to counselling services provided through your college:
- RACGP GP Support Program: Three free one-hour sessions with a psychologist face-to-face or by telephone. RACGP members also have access to counselling for traumatic incidents or crisis situations. This service is available 24 hours, seven days a week.
- ACRRM: Complementary access to ACRRM Employee Assistance Program for immediate confidential counselling support 24/7. Phone 1800 818 728 to access this member service.
Please don’t hesitate to contact your medical educator if you require any assistance.