GP Synergy is offering a number of applicants the opportunity to apply for subregion priority preferencing once they have been shortlisted to a GP Synergy training region:
- applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent in their AGPT application
- applicants who identify as Australian Defence Force (ADF) applicants in their AGPT application
- applicants demonstrating a rural training pipeline commitment.
Shortlisted NSW and ACT training region applicants will have the opportunity to apply for priority preferencing at the time of booking an interview with GP Synergy. Applicants can only apply for priority preferencing for subregions within the training region and pathway they have been shortlisted.
Rural training pipeline priority preferencing
In support of maintaining a strong rural training pipeline for doctors in rural areas, GP Synergy will prioritise the subregion preference of shortlisted rural pathway applicants who demonstrate previous significant training in the subregion and/or have a significant rural connection to the subregion.
Who can apply?
Application is limited to rural pathway applicants who have been shortlisted to a NSW/ACT subregion. Any rural pathway applicant can apply, however applicants will need to demonstrate one or more of the following:
- previous training exposure in the subregion (university and/or hospital)
- rural background
- partner employment in the subregion
The number of rural training pipeline priority preferences per subregion is limited. Applicants successful in securing subregion priority preferencing will still need to meet the training location obligations for their subregion.
For more information
For more information, request a GP Synergy Applicant Pack.