A second application intake has been announced for the 2019 Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) program.
Applications will be open from 20 August – 10.00am AEST 3 September 2018.
How can you apply?
Applicants can choose to apply to either the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) and/or the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
Applications must be made at the relevant college/s websites between 20 August – 10.00am AEST 3 September 2018.
What training places will be available?
The number of training places available in second intake will be limited.
On 20 August 2018, a list of second intake places available nationally will be posted on the AGPT website, and a list of GP Synergy training places by subregion will be available on our website.
Important information for first intake applicants
RACGP first intake applicants:
- If you applied with RACGP in the first intake and were not successful in getting a training place or you declined a training offer, you are still eligible to participate in the second intake.
- You do not need to resit the CAAKT assessment. You will however need to resit the MMI if you are successful in being shortlisted to a training region in second intake.
- Your first intake CAAKT assessment will be used to determine which training region/pathway you are shortlisted to.
- Important! You will not be able to preference the same training region and pathway combination if you had an interview for that training region and pathway in the first intake i.e. If you had an interview for Lower Eastern NSW general pathway, you cannot preference this combination again. You can however select another training region and pathway combination.
ACRRM first intake applicants:
- If you applied with ACRRM in the first intake and declined a training offer, you need to contact ACRRM to discuss your options.
- If you applied with ACRRM in the first intake and were unsuccessful in getting a training offer, you are not eligible to apply for second intake.
For more information
Applicants are strongly encouraged to download a copy of our applicant pack prior to applying as it contains important information for second intake applicants. It is an expectation that all applicants will have read this guide before applying to train with GP Synergy.