Thinking about GP training? There are a number of useful resources available to help you understand how the GP training program works and how you can apply
1. GP Synergy Applicant Pack
This is a must read for any applicant considering training in a NSW/ACT training region.
This pack covers the most frequently asked questions we receive from applicants including RPL, mandatory terms, and where GP registrars train.
To request a pack, just sign up to our mailing list. The 2018 GP Synergy Applicant Pack will be available in mid-March.
2. GP Synergy college comparison quick guides
GP Synergy has developed two handy guides to help applicants understand the difference between the two colleges of general practice – the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) and the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP):
- ACRRM and RACGP 2018 selection comparison flowchart
- ACRRM and RACGP training program comparison guide
3. AGPT website
It is essential any doctor considering applying to the AGPT visits the AGPT website and reviews the latest information regarding application and eligibility.
Doctors will also find the 2018 AGPT handbook a useful guide to how the AGPT program works.
If you have any queries regarding your eligibility to apply for the AGPT program, please contact the AGPT selection team.
- Department of Health AGPT Selection Team: www.agpt.com.au | Applicant queries: AGPTeligibility@health.gov.au or 1800 37 2478
4. ACRRM and RACGP websites
All applicants must also visit the website of the college they are interested in applying. The college sites contain detailed information about their fellowship pathways, as well as their selection process for 2018.
- ACRRM: www.acrrm.org.au | Applicant queries: email@example.com or 1800 223 226
- RACGP: www.racgp.org.au | Applicant queries: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1800 331 626