The Rural Generalist Foundation Year (year one) provides an introduction to the NSW Rural Generalist Medical Training Program and the opportunity for trainees to be supported in the program and their rural locations.
Primary entry to the NSW Rural Generalist Medical Training Program for most junior doctors is in their PGY2, however trainees already undertaking general practice training may also join the Rural Generalist Foundation Year.
Activities during the Rural Generalist Foundation Year include:
- access to Program and mentor support with career and training advice
- additional weekend workshops convened by the program
- structured education sessions (webinars, teleconferences)
- mid-point discussions and vocational review with program medical educators.
Applications open 23 September 2019, and close 18 October 2019.
- Search eRecruit for Rural Generalist position number 21467.
Check your eligibility at the HETI website.