How to apply
New accreditation application notice
We are currently accepting new applications for accreditation of new practices in locations where a specific training or community need is identified. There is a surplus of accredited training practices in most areas across NSW and the ACT with less registrars currently in training than the number of available practice positions.
We are continually monitoring training capacity and registrar and community needs that inform training practice accreditation decisions.
GP Synergy considers new training practice accreditations when there is:
- a particular MMM4-7 rural location where a registrar placement may have a positive impact on the healthcare of the community
- Insufficient training placement capacity in a particular group location
- a specific registrar personal or training need that cannot be met in an existing accredited training practice
- an emerging previously unidentified community need in unprecedented times
- a gap due to training post supervisor succession planning or teaching/supervision needs.
In addition to the criteria above any practice considered for accreditation must demonstrate its ability to meet the requirements of the Practice Quality Framework.
If you believe you may meet one or more of the above criteria please contact us on email@example.com
There are three forms of accreditation that a practice can undertake:
- Initial accreditation: The process of accrediting a new teaching practice
- Reaccreditation: Reaccreditation of an existing GP Synergy accredited practice
- Additional supervisor accreditation: Accreditation of a new supervisor within an existing GP Synergy accredited practice
All applications will be assessed using GP Synergy's Practice Quality Framework, informed by evidentiary material that correlate with quality supervision and markers that will help registrars progress in training.
All accreditation applications must submit copies of the following documents:
- The applicant’s resume
- Current medical registration certificate (for supervisors)
- Evidence of college fellowship (RACGP or ACRRM)
- Evidence of participation in continuing professional development (QICPD)
- Medical indemnity – certificate of currency
- AGPAL or GPA Accreditation Plus certificate