How to apply
New accreditation application notice
GP Synergy is continually monitoring training capacity and registrar and community needs that inform training facility accreditation decisions. There is generally a surplus of accredited training facilities in most areas across NSW and the ACT with fewer registrars currently in training than the number of available placements.
Twice per year, we calculate the training capacity requirements for each region and identify the number of additional facilities that can be accredited to ensure a balanced supply of high-quality training placements for registrars. Facilities with an interest in becoming accredited can lodge an expression of interest in January and July each year. Expressions of interest are assessed against clear criteria and facilities are expected to demonstrate alignment with our Practice Quality Framework. The highest-ranked facilities in each region are invited to apply for accreditation, up to the maximum number of available positions.
There are three forms of accreditation that a practice can undertake:
- Initial accreditation: The process of accrediting a new teaching practice
- Reaccreditation: Reaccreditation of an existing GP Synergy accredited practice
- Additional supervisor accreditation: Accreditation of a new supervisor within an existing GP Synergy accredited practice
All applications will be assessed using GP Synergy's Practice Quality Framework, informed by evidentiary material that correlate with quality supervision and markers that will help registrars progress in training.
All accreditation applications must submit copies of the following documents:
- The applicant’s resume
- Current medical registration certificate (for supervisors)
- Evidence of college fellowship (RACGP or ACRRM)
- Evidence of participation in continuing professional development (QICPD)
- Medical indemnity – certificate of currency
- AGPAL or GPA Accreditation Plus certificate