How to apply
New accreditation application notice
We are currently not accepting new applications for accreditation as a training facility or GP supervisor. This is due to a national decline in applicants to the Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) program. As a result, there is currently an insufficient supply of registrars across NSW and ACT to fulfill existing and increasing demand which has created a surplus of accredited practices.
Please continue to check our website periodically for updated advice regarding new accreditation applications or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are three forms of accreditation that a practice can undertake:
- Initial accreditation: The process of accrediting a new teaching practice
- Reaccreditation: Reaccreditation of an existing GP Synergy accredited practice
- Additional supervisor accreditation: Accreditation of a new supervisor within an existing GP Synergy accredited practice
All applications will be assessed using GP Synergy's Practice Quality Framework, informed by evidentiary material that correlate with quality supervision and markers that will help registrars progress in training.
All accreditation applications must submit copies of the following documents:
- The applicant’s resume
- Current medical registration certificate (for supervisors)
- Evidence of college fellowship (RACGP or ACRRM)
- Evidence of participation in continuing professional development (QICPD)
- Medical indemnity – certificate of currency
- AGPAL or GPA Accreditation Plus certificate