Re-enrolment for the 2021.1 term will be open online via GPRime2 from Tuesday 29 Sept – Tuesday 6 Oct 2020:
- All registrars are required to re-enrol, regardless of the term type they are entering in 2021.1. This includes registrars going on leave, into hospital-based terms and Extension Awaiting Fellowship (EAF) and ADF registrars.
- To be eligible to re-enrol, all practice logs and assessment of the placements need to be completed and submitted.
- Failure to re-enrol during the re-enrolment period may result in delays to your training.
- During the re-enrolment process you will be asked to indicate your training plans for all upcoming terms. This is used as a guide only, and registrars will be able to change/confirm their plans in each re-enrolment period.
Please contact your education coordinator if you require any assistance at any time with the re-enrolment process.
2021.1 GP term placement
The following information is important for all registrars seeking to enter a GP term in the first half of 2021, with the exception of Australian Defence Force (ADF) registrars. ADF registrars should contact their medical educator regarding 2021.1 placements.
- If you are seeking a GP term in 2021.1, during the re-enrolment process you will be asked to rank your grouping preferences. You will also be required to indicate how you plan to meet the Department of Health AGPT and GP Synergy Training Location Obligations (TLOs) during your training. You can update your plans at each bi-annual re-enrolment and will have the opportunity to outline reasons supporting your TLO timing preferences which will be taken into consideration during the grouping allocation process.
- After preferences have been reviewed, you will be notified of your allocated grouping on by 5pm on Wednesday 14 October 2020.
- You will be able to apply to practices advertising training vacancies in your allocated grouping on Monday 19 Oct 2020.
- All registrars will have the opportunity to apply to Aboriginal Medical Services (AMS) regardless of your grouping allocation. A list of AMS facilities in your subregion can be found in the Placement Portal on GPRime2 under group ‘X’.
- Registrars on 12month employment contracts are reminded they need to accept their placement with their current employer through GPRime as soon as possible when term placement lists open.
For further information:
- Overview of the Term Placement Process (attached)
- Term Placement Handbook for Registrars and timeline
Term placement webinar
We will be hosting several term placement webinars to provide an overview of the term placement process including groupings, applying to practices and FAQs. The webinar will be recorded and available on GPRime. Registrars who have not participated in GP term placement before are strongly encouraged to attend.
- Wednesday 16 Sept | 12.30pm-1.30pm | Register here
- Wednesday 16 Sept | 7.00pm-8.00pm | Register here
- Thursday 17 Sept | 8.00am-9.00am | Register here
For further assistance:
Please don’t hesitate to contact your local education coordinator if you require any assistance at any time:
- Central, Eastern and South Western Sydney: Tia Dickson
- Hunter, Manning and Central Coast: Heidi Heinz
- Murrumbidgee & ACT: Catherine Daly
- Nepean, Western & Northern Sydney: Kym Cashen
- New England/Northwest: Jackie Price
- North Coast: Jo Sayer
- South Eastern NSW: Nicole Johnson
- Western NSW: Rachel Harris