Public Company Limited by Guarantee
GP Synergy Limited is a public company limited by guarantee not having share capital and was incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 (New South Wales) on 27 December 2001 under the name of Sydney Institute of General Practice Education and Training Limited.
Deductible Gift Recipient
GP Synergy Limited has been endorsed as a deductible gift recipient since 10 January 2002 under Subdivision 30-BA of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
Objects of the Company
- The principal objects for which the Company is formed are to promote the prevention and control of diseases in human beings through programs and activities that:
- promote, assist and deliver general practice education and training in urban and rural settings, including office and procedural general practice and encompassing those with special needs
- recognise and appropriately balance the tensions between workforce, education and training needs
- encourage and facilitate studies and research into general practice education and training and service delivery
- improve general practice education and training and advocacy through representations to government and non-government organisations.
The sources of funding for these programs and activities may include funding under agreements with other bodies and gifts received from the general public in the company’s capacity as a deductible gift recipient.