2017 General Practice Training and Education Conference (GPTEC)
- Welcome function: Tuesday 15 August
- Conference: Wednesday 16 August – Thursday 17 August
- Venue: International Conference Centre, Sydney
It takes many people to create a competent and confident GP; from medical educators to supervisors to practice staff to administration and everyone in between. Together, these individuals create powerful learning and training communities that help build a robust general practitioner workforce for our local communities.
This conference will be of interest to everyone involved in GP training.
Abstracts for the 2017 General Practice Training and Education Conference (GPTEC) are now open from the conference website:
- Abstracts open: 7 February 2017
- Abstracts close: 21 March 2017
Building communities: Bricks | Mortar | Imagination
- The communities in which we work:
- The bricks/foundations of GP training: How does GP training lead to healthier communities? For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities? For rural and remote communities?
- The registrars’ community:
- The mortar – The glue that brings us together: How do systems and people support GP registrars? How do they support registrars with different backgrounds i.e. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander registrars, rural registrars, ADF registrars, registrars in difficulty?
- Learning communities:
- Imagination: Using innovation, looking outside the box, collaboration. How do we learn better by sharing? How can we improve our GP education and training outcomes? How can we use innovation to improve GP education?
Are you interested in becoming an abstract reviewer?
If you are a staff member of a Regional Training Organisation (RTO) delivering the AGPT program and you would like to express your interest to participate as an abstract reviewer, please contact Kate Froggatt on email@example.com by 20 January 2016.
For further information visit www.gptec2017.com.au